The Knowledge Transfer Programme grant scheme (KTP) is designed to encourage the transfer of knowledge that has been generated in IPTA to the target industry & community for the purpose of strengthening public knowledge such as:
- KTP is able to support mutual cooperation between the university and industry (including government agencies/non-government agencies/public sector)
- KTP is able to provide the platform for the exchange of intellectual property tangible and intangible, expertise, learning and skills between academia and the industry.
- KTP includes interaction forms including joint studies, negotiation, education, training, graduate development, conference, sharing physical facilities and student placement.
Application for this grant is to demonstrate collaboration with IPTA with industry/community to a mutually beneficial initiative:
- Academia: Able to combine the latest knowledge of the industry in teaching, learning, research and consultancy.
- Industry: able to leverage on IPTA’s resources to enhance their business capabilities and economic benefits.
- Community: It can be utilized from knowledge that has been in PUBLIC to improve the quality of life for a community.
- Graduate Intern: Improves personal and professional development of students and graduates.
INDUSTRY KTP GRANT SCHEME
The purpose of this grant scheme is how Malaysia’s Universities can help in delivering and transferring knowledge generated in their respective UNIVERSITIES for the industry. The knowledge to be transferred should be based on a particular basis that should be determined.
COMMUNITY KTP GRANT SCHEME
The purpose of this grant scheme is to convey and transfer knowledge generated in their respective UNIVERSITIES for community targets that can enhance community well-being. Projects can be targeted to public institutions such as schools, training centres, tertiary institutions especially public institutions, volunteer Perubuhan focused on community development and so on. The entire project budget can be based on this grant application. However, if the Community can demonstrate its commitment to project costs in the form of financial and non-financial commitments, special considerations can be used for the grant selection criteria.
KEY AREAS OR KRA
- Education: Enhancing the level of education in certain districts
- Economic profit for industrial sector in the sector is identified
- Green Technology Sustainability and initiatives
- Capable or disability group (OKU)
- Relevant industry curriculum development (for high-impact sector)
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR KTP GRANT APPLICATION
KTP GRANT SCHEME
- Community Knowledge Transfer Grant Scheme
- Industrial knowledge Transfer Grant Scheme
- The knowledge transfer grant scheme for Community Toranoana
- Industrial Toranoana Knowledge Transfer Grant Scheme
- Lifelong learning Transfer Grant scheme
ASSESSMENT CRITERIA FOR INDUSTRIAL AND COMMUNITY GRANT APPLICATION
TARGETS AND RESULTS OF INDUSTRY/COMMUNITY GRANT
Each program is required to set a target relevant to the objective and aim of the KTP programme for the program’s success measurement as follows:
- The transfer proceeds of these KTP grants must list the following results based on the targets set out:
Revenue to the company or industry (example: the increase in turnover of the company or profit), results to society or community (example: the enhancement of quality of life of the community target), the return to IPTA (recognition to academicians), human capital Development to Graduate Intern (the Graduate Intern market.
- Publications-All programs must produce publication in the form of technical reporting. Appreciation to the KTP grants must be clearly stated in each published report.
- Intellectual Property Rights
3/4 Intellectual Property The grant of KTP grants to be title with the government of Malaysia, industry and IPTA subject to mutual agreement
3/4 Intellectual Property Management is a PUBLIC responsibility
3/4 the commercialisation of the programme project funded by the KTP grants and other resources must be shared together with the breakdown of grant financing and other forms of contribution for the project.
3/4 for IPTA, the results of commercialisation must be distributed in accordance with the existing commercialisation policy.
KTP GRANT APPLICATION PROCESS